What is the Peak District Challenge?
It’s an exciting series of team trekking (walking and/or running) challenges based in the Peak District National Park. All have easy access to public transport from Sheffield and Manchester. Competitors are against the clock to try to complete either the Back Before Dark 10km walk or run, or our longer trekking challenges: Copper (25km), Bronze (50km), Silver (75km) or Gold Ultra (100km + 3000m of ascent).
How can my charity get involved?
Entrants have the option to fundraise for the charity of their choice. Every challenger pays an entry fee to cover their own costs, with all money raised through sponsorship going directly to your charity. There is no financial cost to your charity, ever. In 2015-2019 over £250,000 was raised in total. We work with you to make the process of registration for you and the participants as easy as possible. You can register as a participating charity and feature on this website, by completing this Charity Registration Form.
We are seeking Charity Partners who would like to benefit from discounted entries for your fundraisers in exchange for a volunteering commitment from their supporters. If you have a mix of active entrants and a pool of reliable volunteers available, then we’d love to offer your entrants discounted entries.
What support will you offer participants?
Included in the entry fee is a wide range of support for participants.
- We will have a team of professional Mountain leaders to oversee the event and provide cheer and snacks at checkpoints. A stew supper is also provided on Saturday evening.
- We will give everyone a goodie bag.
- We will give advice on kit and training, and all the practical and logistical advice they need.
- We will email all participants a fundraising guide with hints and tips to help them to gather sponsorship.
- We provide comprehensive pre event information, along with a final preparation guide.
What do we expect from your charity?
- We ask you to register as an official event charity by completing a quick Charity Registration Form.
- You can advertise this opportunity to your supporters so that they might choose to take up the Peak District Challenge.
- You can provide extra fundraising support to anyone raising money for your charity by doing the challenge. We expect them to pay the fundraising money they raise directly to you and not through us.
- We ask that you encourage your fundraisers’ supporters to volunteer at the event. If you are able to commit a volunteer marshall’s support, we are able to offer a discount on your entrants’ places.
Is there any financial cost to our charity?
No. The modest entry fee paid by the participant covers the entire cost of putting on the event to professional standards. There is no additional charge to charities for entrants fundraising in your name.
Are there any resources to help us to advertise this opportunity?
Yes, we offer a range of useful resources and free downloads from the Resources for Charities page.
Please get in touch for a custom event poster or leaflet for your Charity, featuring your logo.
When do we need to be registered by?
Registrations close three weeks before the event, but to give us the most time helping your supporters and sharing your stories on social media, do register as soon as possible. Just complete this quick charity registration form and we’ll be in touch.