What is the Peak District Challenge?
The Peak District Challenge is an exciting trekking challenge based in the Peak District National Park (which can be walked or run). Participants can raise funds for your charity by taking on our range of five exciting mountain challenges. Participants always cover all their own costs; There is no cost to any charity ever. There is no contract to sign, and you’ll never receive an invoice from us.
The Peak District challenge is open for anyone to join and fundraise for the charity of their choice. We invite your charity to sign up to become a charity partner. We have raised over £250,000 for various incredible charities in the last eight years to continue and expand their vital work, both in the UK and overseas.
It is free for you as a charity, as the affordable entry fee is paid for by the fundraiser – and every penny they raise goes directly to you. All we ask is that you promote the opportunity to your fundraisers. We provide marketing support to make your promotions as easy as possible.
As a registered charity you will be featured on our registered charities page; http://www.peak-district-challenge.com/charities/registered-charities/ making it easy for your supporters, and other participants in the Peak District Challenge, take part and support your charity. In addition to this, we are strong believers in social media, meaning that we love to promote our partner charities on Facebook and Twitter.
So why not encourage your supporters to sign up and raise vital funds for your charity?
How can my charity get involved?
You can register as a participating charity and feature on this website, by completing this Charity Registration Form. When you do, we’ll share our marketing resources with you, promote your charity on our website and social media, and pass you the details of any fundraisers who sign up to support you, enabling you to support their fundraising and maintain your relationship with your supporters.
We are also seeking Charity Partners who would like to benefit from discounted entries for your fundraisers in exchange for a volunteering commitment from their supporters. If you have a mix of active entrants and a pool of reliable volunteers available, then we’d love to offer your entrants discounted entries.
What support will you offer participants?
Included in the entry fee is a wide range of support for participants.
- A team of professional qualified Mountain Leaders oversee the event and provide cheer and snacks at checkpoints.
- Each team is given a GPS tracker so they can be monitored the whole way around the course (not just at checkpoints!) (on 25km+ distances only).
- A stew supper is also provided on Saturday evening, and everyone gets a goodie bag.
- We will give your fundraisers advice on kit and training, and all the practical and logistical advice they need.
- We will email all participants a fundraising guide with hints and tips to help them to gather sponsorship.
- We provide comprehensive pre event information, along with a final preparation guide.
What do we expect from your charity?
- We ask you to register as an official event charity by completing a quick Charity Registration Form.
- You can advertise this opportunity to your supporters so that they might choose to take up the Peak District Challenge. We provide resources for this.
- You can provide extra fundraising support to anyone raising money for your charity by doing the challenge. We expect them to pay the fundraising money they raise directly to you and not through us.
- We ask that you encourage your fundraisers’ supporters to volunteer at the event. If you are able to commit a volunteer marshal’s support, we are able to offer a discount on your entrants’ places.
Is there any financial cost to our charity?
No. The modest entry fee paid by the participant covers the entire cost of putting on the event to professional standards. There is no additional charge to charities for entrants fundraising in your name. There is no contract to sign, no commitment, and you’ll never receive an invoice from us.
Are there any resources to help us to advertise this opportunity?
Yes, we offer a range of useful resources and free downloads from the Resources for Charities page.
Please get in touch for a custom event poster or leaflet for your Charity, featuring your logo.
When do we need to be registered by?
Registrations close three weeks before the event, but to give us the most time helping your supporters and sharing your stories on social media, do register as soon as possible. Just complete this quick charity registration form and we’ll be in touch.