Wilderness Development organise the original Peak District Challenge in September each year
The Peak District Challenge is going ahead (with Covid-19 tweaks) on the night of Friday 16 September and the day of Saturday 17 September 2022, starting in Hathersage at postcode S32 1DU.
If you are looking for a more expensive new event using the same name in July – you have contacted the wrong organisation. Please check your tickets for the name of the company you have booked with. Look at the “from: ” email address your tickets arrived from.
Complaints about the July event should be directed directly to the company organising it. Wilderness Development only organise the original Peak District Challenge event in September each year.
The original 10km – 100km Peak District Challenge
Going ahead on 16-17 September 2022
Navigate yourself or join a led group with a guide
All entries include a stew supper, goody bag on completion, and full safety and organisational support.
These are the whole entry fees - even if you're fundraising for charity. If you chose to fundraise, your charity will receive 100% of any sponsorship, with no deductions, and nothing for your charity to pay.
- ...depending on distance chosen
- Route Guide booklet
- GPS tracker for your team (on 25km+)
- Drinks and Snacks from checkpoints
- Hot meal and Goody Bag at the finish
Join a guided walking group
- ...additional fee, to also receive:
- Mountain Leader qualified guide
- 12 People average group size
- Safety Equipment provided by us
- No Navigation skills required
Your entry fee covers
- Fully qualified, professional Mountain Leaders supervising the event.
- A GPS tracker for every team, tracking you continuously on the entire route (for 25km+ distances only)
- A goodie bag for everyone, and a modest prize pool of token prizes for winners.
- Water stations, Drinks and snacks from our friendly checkpoints on the way round.
- A stew supper on arrival back in Hathersage on Saturday evening.
- Kit guidance and advice, along with a pre-walk registration and briefing.
- Bag care, including drop-bags for 50-100km distances.
- Printed route guides and GPX files for self-navigating teams
- A scenic and challenging route, and all pre-event planning.
- A cash discount voucher to spend with the event organiser, Wilderness Development. This can even be redeemed in advance on any navigation training or walking courses that you take to prepare for the event.
- Finishers Packs are available to pre-book at additional cost, which contain an event t-shirt and medal in addition to your goody bag.
Need more details? Please check our full documentation for detailed printable information with everything you need to know about the Peak District Challenge.
We are here to help – you can reach us by
07941 645 520
0161 637 8707